Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
We are truly global, and our 13,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Due to the growth of our business and an expanded portfolio of projects, an exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated 12D Modeller to join our team.
As part of the Transport and Resources team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to 12D Modelling As part of the Civil Design team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to civil design infrastructure. In particular, the focus of the 12D Modeller is to undertake drafting, design and consulting services within Civil Infrastructure and related areas in order to enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Represent Arup at internal and external events and you may be responsible for designing and delivering events, activities and projects which impact the business;
- Provide concept design and technical consultation in areas such as road design, pavement design, stormwater design, water and sewer reticulation, site development, water and associated environmental investigation and processes.
- Ensure that the Design Quality procedures are applied and design products comply with the requirements of the Drafting Manual.
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- Experience in the operation of software design tools including 12D, Microstation or AutoCAD. In addition experience using hydraulic modelling packages would be an advantage.
- Relevant industry experience in Civil Drafting / Design with an emphasis on designing roads, drainage, water, sewer and WSUD elements within a consulting business environment;
- Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines – and Arup’s related procedures including OH&S
You will possess demonstrated excellent attention to detail along with high-level verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, you will have proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership will be highly regarded.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, apply using the link below.
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Oct. 9, 2016