Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
At Arup, we foster a distinctive culture and an intellectual independence that encourages collaborative working. This is reflected in everything we do, allowing us to develop meaningful innovative ideas, shape agendas and deliver results that frequently surpass the expectations of our clients.
Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our client’s needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced Acoustic Consultant to join our San Francisco office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Technical and design input on a broad range of projects, ensuring work quality is maintained at the expected standard
• Prepare project reports and presentation for clients summarizing key issues and strategically advising on best outcomes
• Represent Arup at internal and external meetings
• Effectively manage the time, quality and cost performance of projects
• Contribute to the development and implementation of plans for the longer term benefit of the team and office
• Execute responsibilities as outlined in the firm’s Quality Management System
• Develop others, provide guidance, training, motivational and directional feedback
• Business development with new clients; Extend relationships with existing key clients
• Master’s degree in acoustics or related engineering/physics/architectural degree
• Knowledge and experience in acoustics/audio visual consulting
• Experience (2-6 years) in a similar consulting environment
• Ability to undertake high-level analysis, including advanced mathematics
• Proficiency with specialist technical equipment and software
• Ability to further develop expertise and create new operational processes
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including formal and informal presentations, written communications and reports)
• Keen sense of maintaining high standards, creative in developing solutions
• Can develop empathy of “customer” needs (both internal and external), and the issues which may impact on maintaining effectiveness within a commercial environment
• Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients
• Ability to maintain personal effectiveness and team relationships at times of significant pressure
• Proactive, but tactful, in ensuring others within the team meet deadlines (etc.)
• Ability to motivate staff at all levels
• Structured and logical thinker, with the ability to change between different levels of analysis as appropriate.
• Financially astute, good negotiator
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Acoustic Consulting
Date Posted: Oct. 16, 2015