Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 13,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to support a team of Senior Leaders in our New York City office. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast- paced and challenging environment, be highly proactive, extremely organized and diplomatic in dealing with others while being assertive.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with internal/external executives and their assistants to coordinate complex meetings
- Arranging international/domestic travel
- Procuring passports and visas for business related travel
- Planning, coordinating, and participating in meetings, webcasts, and conference calls
- Managing conference room bookings, catering, and setting up AV equipment
- Preparing and editing correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- Conducting research, collecting, and analyzing data to prepare reports and documents
- Proofreading documents
- Entering timesheets, business, and travel expenses
- Maintaining internal intranet sites and electronic document filing system
- Maintaining contacts in CRM and Outlook
- Assisting with the completion of applications for professional licenses
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience supporting a team of 3 or more executives is a fast paced environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Must have good editing and proofreading skills
- Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and decision-making ability
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Mastery in Outlook and proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Accustomed to "open door" office setting
- Proactive, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, or as a team member, while maintaining focus and productivity
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Date Posted: Dec. 23, 2015