Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Assistant BIM Designer
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our Seattle office is currently seeking an Assistant BIM Designer to join our growing buildings business and work with design engineers from our Structural team.
• Utilize CAD programs to design various structures such as high-rises, schools, museums, other structures across a wide range of industries
• Work closely with engineers and drafters to create drawing sets
• Coordinate between multi-disciplinary groups to ensure complete drawing packages are compiled and completed
• Apply logic and common sense to a wide variety of CAD applications
• Documentation and archiving of drawings
• Maintenance of various Excel documents
• Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in CAD technology, CAD drafting, solids modeling, or related field
• 1-3 years of internship or full-time experience with a design firm, structural BIM design experience preferred
• Past history of technical drawing or model building
• Experience in 2D and 3D platforms such as AutoCad, Microstation, Revit, 3D modeling (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
• Detail and accuracy oriented
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Date Posted: June 29, 2016