Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Associate/Senior Transport Planner
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
ThePerth transport planning team is one of the largest in the local market, with adiversity of skills and clients. With an increasing local and regionalworkload, there is now a need to recruit senior transport planning expertise tosupplement a talented young team.
Followingthe relocation of a senior resource to our Toronto Office (gr7) and another toour Melbourne office (gr6) combined with an increasing regional workload forother senior members of the team, there is now a need to recruit to fill thevoid and bolster the team on the ground in Perth.
Theideal candidate should have more than 15 years of relevant Transport Planningtechnical ability with strong existing professional networks within the PerthMetropolitan Area.
Thesuccessful candidate will be expected to establish relationships with senior members of Arup’s existing clientbase in Perth, and expand through the formation of relationships with seniormembers of potential new clients in the broader business community in Perth. The candidate willalso be expected to develop internal networks and relationships spanning theAustralasian region Consulting, Buildings and T&R Groups, and the regionalPlanning business network.
The candidate will be part of the senior leadership ofthe Planning Team in Perth and will be expected to provide strategic technicalguidance and support to other members of the Transport Planning Team involvedin the delivery of transport planning, strategic modelling and trafficengineering services.
The candidate is to coach and develop the existingtransport planning team so they are capable of delivering and sustaining thecurrent and future business needs, and develop relationships within the businesscommunity.
Thecandidate will have sound team working, time management, analytical, andcommunication skills, and will have the ability to work under pressure. The candidate must be confident, a goodcommunicator, have good interpersonal skills, and be able to lead and work inan integrated team. The main duties andresponsibilities are listed below.
Thepost presents an excellent opportunity for someone willing to work across awide range of projects for both public and private sector clients. In additionto local projects, the candidate will be offered the opportunity to work onprojects to support our recently established Planning business in Singapore
Typicalduties will include:
- workingwithin a project team;
- writingclear technical reports and presenting options and recommendations to clients;
- interpretingoutput from transport models to determine the effects of different infrastructureimprovements, policy changes and/or public transport schemes;
- developingoptions for testing potential solutions to transport problems;
- participatingin public consultation initiatives;
- managingstudies and/or parts of projects;
- assessingthe economic, environmental and social effects and infrastructure requirementsof transport proposals;
- liaisingand negotiating with different parties/stakeholders;
- developingthe initial design ideas for new or improved transport infrastructure;
- leadingbids and writing proposals for new work.
- Recognisedrelevant tertiary qualifications in CivilEngineering, Planning, Transport or similar area;
- Minimumof 12 years relevant industry experience in Transport/Economic planning withina consulting business environment;
- Internationalunderstanding of transport trends;
- Abilityto contribute to major, multi-disciplinary projects;
- Membershipof relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies;
- Provenworking knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, andguidelines – and Arup’s related procedures including OH&S
- Abilityto communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technicalenvironments.
- Effectiveoral/written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Abilityto maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher thannormal workload.
- Abilityto remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significantpressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines.
- Desireto excel.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Category: Transportation Planning
Date Posted: Aug. 17, 2016