please visit our International Site.
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 14,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Arup’s Aviation team continues to solve complex business, development and operational challenges through innovative planning, design, technology application and management consultancy. We are currently seeking an Aviation Leader to lead Civil Engineering Aviation projects and develop new opportunities in the field. We prefer that the role be based out of our New York City office, however would be open to considering candidates in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Houston or DC.
As the Civil Engineering Aviation Lead, you will:
• Deliver large aviation projects
• Oversee the design and implementation of projects
• Provide expertise to put forward-thinking strategy, design and technology into practice, whether advising clients on airport planning, policy or finance, or delivering smarter airport operations and infrastructure
• Deliver solutions to our clients by balancing the needs of people, operational processes, technology solutions and the facilities and environments in which solutions are implemented
• Play a principal role in leading and developing Arup’s civil engineers from graduate to associate level
• Have a Go-to-market focus specific to Arup’s Aviation market
• Smoothly negotiate the complex relationships between demand, capacity, connect time, passenger flow, regulation and investment
• Contribute to research and skills developments
• Assist in the integration of application of LEED to civil engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or associated subject; PE in at least one State
• 15+ years’ experience in planning and delivery of aviation projects, FAA process and documentation
• Extensive knowledge of FAA design practices, guidelines and circulars is a pre-requisite (international experience is a plus but not essential)
• Proficiency in pavement design tools and specific experience in pavement design for runways and taxiways
• Skilled in all aspects of airport design and planning including layout, roadway alignment, grading, earthworks, and utilities
• Enthusiasm to teach and cultivate a high performing Civil Engineering team while collaborating with Arup’s other disciplines
• Proven communication skills with a client management focus
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: NEW00007G
Category: Civil Engineering
Location: New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: June 13, 2016