Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport, and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are seeking a mid-level Aviation Planner to join the expanding Aviation Planning group in our San Francisco office.
• Supporting project teams by providing technical input to reports and presentations.
• Developing design day flight schedules, peak hour demand profiles, and related data syntheses to provide passenger and air traffic demand inputs to analytical tools.
• Conducting spreadsheet analyses, using custom in-house or commercial software, to develop a facility program of requirements (PoR) for individual airport components or systems of components.
• Conducting simulation modeling analyses, using custom in-house or commercial simulation software, of individual airport components or systems.
• Conducting aircraft noise and/or emissions analyses using commercially available tools.
• Working with the global Aviation Planning group and local Transportation Planning group to augment and refine custom in-house analytical tools, and/or develop new tools and methodologies
• Develop, elaborate, and evaluate planning concept alternatives for major elements of airport infrastructure including airfield, passenger terminal, landside access, cargo, and support areas.
• CAD, GIS, and graphic support for a variety of airport planning project types, including ground transport, passenger terminal, airside, airfield, and airspace.
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred, in Civil Engineering, Transport Planning, Architecture, or related field.
• 4-8 years’ experience in aviation planning, civil engineering, transport planning, or related field, reflecting a professional awareness of today’s aviation industry, as well as the planning, design, construction, financing, operation, and regulation of airports.
• Knowledge of US FAA policies, regulations, and airport planning standards is required. Knowledge of international (ICAO / IATA, other country-specific) policies, regulations, and airport planning standards is beneficial.
• Familiarity with various aviation databases, including FAA ASPM, OAG, ANOMS, and similar.
Intermediate or advanced capabilities in the use of industry standard software, for example:
• Analytical and database tools such as MS Excel, Access.
• Aviation / transportation related analytical and simulation models, such as TAAM, SIMMOD, CAST, Simio, INM, REDIM, other airport capacity and delay models.
• CAD / GIS platforms, such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, ArcGIS.
• Graphics and presentation software packages, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint.
• A commitment to technical accuracy and quality work.
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working, often in distributed offices.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
• Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Transportation Planning
Date Posted: Aug. 3, 2015