please visit our International Site.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our New York City Office is looking to add an experienced Billing Analyst to our growing team with experience billing in the built environment.
• Read and interpret the basic contract document as it relates to billing and project revenue forecast, identify and confirm invoicing requirements with the contract, collaborate with project team to devise a project structure that considers billing, revenue and cost monitoring requirements
• Prepare Cost Plus, T&M and Fixed Price billings for submission to customers
• Extensive interaction with Project Teams and the Finance Manager to monitor financial aspects of major projects including financial forecasting, revenue recognition, and profitability
• Review contracts for each new project and set-up all templates and procedures to administer invoicing for new projects
• Reconcile and include, as part of project invoices, sub-consultant billings for fees and reimbursable expenses
• Daily monitoring of cash receipts against sub-contractor billing tracker to release sub-consultant payments under pay-when-paid policy
• Ensure all monthly activity is complete and accurate in the areas of customer billings, accounts payable and related postings to the accounting system
• Assist project team with follow-up and collection of aging invoices
• Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify and correct quality control issues such as duplicate billing, data entry errors, set up/system errors, etc.
• 5+ years of hands-on billing experience in Engineering, Architectural or Construction firm, significant experience billing large scale major government agency infrastructure projects
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred (Business/Accounting or Construction Project Management)
• Must have a solid knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lump sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process
• Advanced Excel skills are required (Pivot Tables, VLookups, sumif, etc.). Must have familiarity with general accounting software packages
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and work in a team environment
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: NEW0000HZ
Location: New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: May 15, 2018