Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Civil CAD Technician/Drafter
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
Asa world leader in its field, Arup offers the full spectrum of civil engineeringconsulting services. As part of the CivilInfrastructure team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to civildesign. You will be a key member of theteam where your previous experience in civil drafting and design will aim toenhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise in this area.
- Youwill be responsible for undertaking drafting tasks in order to meet clientrequirements for the documentation of various civil infrastructure design
- Provideon-going training and support for the Civil and Civil Structures groups in theuse of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation V8.
- Participateand contribute as a member of the CSN (CAD Skills Network), providing supportand feedback to the Arup Australasia CAD users through CSN (CSN is responsiblefor creation of the national CAD standards and upgrades to in-house CAD‘add-on’ software. This role alsoinvolves liaising between CAD users in the offer and throughout ArupAustralasia).
- Providesupport for the Civil Infrastructure group (and other groups as required),including taking responsibility for production of all drawing and designinformation using the latest version of CAD software (AutoCAD and/or MicroStation).
- Providenew and innovative IT solutions to problems, ensuring the group keeps pace withnew advancements in technology in the industry.
- Introduceand implement 3D design modelling to the group.
- Developand maintain CAD standards and IT procedures for the group
- Youwill use a combination of standard and modified Drafting methods/techniques inorder to solve problems including the use of Computer Aided Drawing (CAD).
- Youwill be responsible for managing your own workload, prioritising tasks andmeeting deadlines;
- Youwill be responsible for providing information in an articulate and organisedmanner, following Arup’s established processes and procedures.
- Deliveryof the engineering design drawings.
- Ensuringthat all design products prepared by the CAD drafting team fully comply withthe requirements of the Design Quality system and Drawing Manual
- Ensurethat technical quality requirements and standards of the drawings products areachieved
- Provideprogress information to allow accurate reporting of progress
Technical Skills andQualifications
- Recognisedrelevant qualifications in Drafting or Engineering;
- Relevantindustry experience in Civil Drafting / Designing withina consulting business environment;
- Experiencein the operation of software design tools including 12D, MicroStation orAutoCAD packages.
- Membershipof relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significantcredit towards eligibility for membership;
- Provenworking knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, andguidelines – and Arup’s related procedures including OH&S
- Abilityto communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technicalenvironments;
- Effectivewritten communication and report writing skills;
- Abilityto maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher thannormal workload;
- Abilityto remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significantpressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines;
- Desireto excel.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Date Posted: Aug. 17, 2016