Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 13,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Due to the growth of our business and an expanded portfolio of projects, an exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Senior Civil Engineer to join our team. As part of the Civil Design team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to the Civil Design Field. The primary focus of this role is to contribute to developing Civil Design services of our business, supporting our clients and building a profitable Transport and Resources team.
The Senior Civil Engineer will undertake design, project management and consulting services within our Civil Design Team, in order to enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Represent Arup at internal and external events and you may be responsible for designing and delivering events, activities and projects which impact the business;
- Providing concept design and technical consultation in areas such as road design, pavement design, earthworks, stormwater design, water and sewer reticulation, site development, water and associated environmental investigation and processes.
- Small and medium sized projects, as well as being a key member of larger project groups. This will include design, technical documentation, cost estimates, tender submissions, project scheduling and meeting deadlines and budgets.
You will need to demonstrate:
· An understanding for the following civil engineering areas:
- Highway and Urban Road
- Hydraulics and Hydrology
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Water Quality
- Integrated Catchment Management
- Reticulated Water
- Experience in the operation of software design tools including 12D, Micro station or AutoCAD. In addition experience using hydraulic modelling packages would be an advantage.
With recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, you will be able to demonstrate your experience in design, project management and implementation in your field, within a consulting business environment.
You will possess demonstrated excellent attention to detail along with high-level verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, you will have proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential. Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership will be highly regarded.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, apply using the link below.
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Sept. 27, 2016