Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 13,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Due to the growth of our business and an expanded portfolio of projects, an exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Civil Engineer to join our team.
As part of the Transport and Resources team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to Civil Engineer. As part of the Civil Design team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to civil infrastructure. In particular, the focus of the Civil Engineer is to undertake design and consulting services within Civil Infrastructure and related areas in order to enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- You will be expected to work under minimal supervision within a defined area of responsibility on civil design and environment activities. This may include being responsible for specific parts of an external design project.
- You will be responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own and others work. Furthermore, you may be responsible for the development of others through providing guidance, training and feedback.
- You will be responsible for representing your team or group at external meetings and you may be involved in developing events, activities and internal projects of some complexity.
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Membership with IEAust or with equivalent association in other countries
- Sound communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Keen sense of maintaining high standards, despite workload pressures
- Ability to independently undertake project and technical analyses, and report on results
- Ability to provide concept design and technical consultation in areas of civil infrastructure
- Effectively manage project-based relationships with clients, partners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers
You will possess demonstrated excellent attention to detail along with high-level verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, you will have proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership will be highly regarded.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, apply using the link below.
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Oct. 9, 2016