Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Civil Structures Engineer
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
Asa world leader in its field, Arup offers the full spectrum of civil engineeringconsulting services. As part of theCivil Structures team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating tocivil structures. You will be a keymember of the team where your previous experience in civil structures projectswill aim to enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise in this area.
- Youwill work under minimal supervision within a defined area ofresponsibility. This may include beingresponsible for specific parts of an external design project;
- Youwill be responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own and otherswork. Furthermore, you may beresponsible for the development of others through providing guidance, trainingand feedback;
- Yourwork will encompass authoring non-standard letters, reports and otherdocumentation;
- Youwill represent your team or group at external meetings and you may be involvedin developing events, activities and internal projects of some complexity.
- Youwill be required to undertake civil structural design for major projects andproduce drawings and reports in line with structural specifications.
- Yourwork will involve small and medium sized projects, as well as being a keymember of larger project groups. Thiswill include design, technical documentation, cost estimates, tendersubmissions, project scheduling and meeting deadlines and budgets.
Technical Skills andQualifications
- Recognisedrelevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering;
- Relevantindustry experience in Civil Structural Engineering within a consultingbusiness environment;
- Membershipof relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significantcredit towards eligibility for membership;
- Practicalexperience of Structural or GSA packages such as SpaceGass analysispackages. Experience with SAM bridgeanalysis and design software would be advantageous.
- Provenworking knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, andguidelines – and Arup’s related procedures including OH&S
- Abilityto communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technicalenvironments;
- Effectivewritten communication and report writing skills;
- Abilityto maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher thannormal workload;
- Abilityto remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significantpressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines;
- Desireto excel.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Category: Structural Engineering
Date Posted: Aug. 17, 2016