Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Cloud Systems Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering, consulting and planning firm of 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering, design and planning brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our New York, NY or Edison, NJ office is seeking an IT Systems Engineer - CLOUD. The Cloud Systems Engineer will participate in a team responsible for effective design, provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of the required hardware, software, and related infrastructure supporting Arup’s Cloud strategy. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the Systems team. This individual ensures that the systems hardware, operating systems, application software, and related procedures adhere to organizational compliancy and operational requirements. Participates in support rotation as needed.
· Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions and technical support for cloud related opportunities. Understand business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements
· Experience managing full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Amazon and/or Azure cloud based computing environments
· 3 to 5 years Linux and/or Windows System administration and engineering experience, specifically RedHat Linux ES 5 and 6 and Windows 2008 and 2012
· Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components such as Apache, memcache, MySQL
· 1-3 years of Cloud Engineering/Administration experience, AWS and Azure experience preferred
· Familiarity with continuous deployment methodology and other common DevOps tools including Git, Jenkins, Capistrano and configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Ansible
· Medium level scripting skills in languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.
· Understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering (specifically IPtables)
· Experience with application load balancing solutions for scaling and High Availability
· Experience with SANs and NAS including iSCSI, NFS (Isilon) and FC
· Foundational knowledge in networking technologies (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.)
· Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors and partners, and across all levels of the organization
· Ability and flexibility to join in on an on-call rotation for escalations in support of our 24x7x365 operation
Category: Information Technology
Date Posted: March 9, 2016