Shape a better world
Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression, Bring Your Vision to shape a better world. At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently recruiting a Controls Engineer to join our New York office. During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
As a Controls Engineer, you will learn about and apply the following:
- Direct Digital Control and Programmable Logic Control systems
- Instrument and control device selection development
- System integration, system communication protocols and standards
- Industry trends and developments; interpretation of industry standards and regulatory codes
- Design and implementation of control system applications in coordination with project Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineers
- Coordination and implementation of project specific design activities including Process and Instrumentation and Control diagram development
- Performing evaluations of control system bid and selection
- Reviewing vendor drawings for specification and drawing compliance
- Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
- Construction coordination and support
- System start-up and commissioning
- Monitoring the type of work described above when performed by outside contractor engineers and designers for timeliness and cost effectiveness
- Interface with Operations, Vendors, and Contractors throughout design, construction, and startup
- Giving structure to your own ideas – lots of “taking a first pass” at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction
- Attending meetings and learning from listening, asking questions and discussion
- Working with people from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Controls, Mechanical, Electrical or Architectural Engineering and coursework in HVAC design and controls with 1-2 years of experience in an engineering-related firm
- Proven interest in the built-environment
- Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity
- Master’s Degree in Controls, Mechanical, Electrical or Architectural Engineering
- EIT/ FE certification and Membership in ISA, ASHRAE or ASME
- Experience in sustainability, Energy/thermal modeling, AutoCAD drafting with controls/HVAC emphasis and Revit
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: NEW00006Q
Date Posted: April 6, 2016
New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: April 6, 2016
Send me jobs
Sign up to receive notification of new jobs and other company information.
Set up an RSS feed of content from this page.
Share this page with