please visit our International Site.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are currently seeking a Data Center Leader to provide data center project delivery and leadership capability, and assist San Francisco Buildings Leadership and Regional Science & Industry business leadership in the growing data center sector.
• Lead datacenter projects as PM and lead mechanical or electrical engineer (in first year it is assumed that this person would also lead/deliver other project types as needed).
• Assist San Francisco Buildings and Americas Science & Industry leadership in developing data center business out of the San Francisco office.
• Assist in delivery of data center projects throughout Americas region
• BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Professional Engineering License (jurisdiction flexible, but California preferred)
• 8-10 years in design of datacenters and mission critical facilities required, 3+ years design project management of datacenter projects is a plus.
• Design of HVAC or electrical systems for datacenter projects in the US.
• Ability to plan, organize and manage design delivery teams.
• Corporate client-facing communications skills.
• Ability to travel and work on virtual teams across the region
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: SAN00002B
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Date Posted: Nov. 10, 2015