Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 13,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Due to the growth of our business and an expanded portfolio of projects, an exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Design Manager to join our team. You will be accountable to the Sydney Rail Systems Team Leader on a day-to-day basis and project leaders according to the scope of each project/program role.
The successful candidate will:
- Be involved with business development-related activities, and developing relationships, with new and existing clients.
- Lead (under the guidance of the relevant project director) the project management input on such projects, ensuring work quality is maintained at the expected standard.
- Prepare project reports for clients summarising key issues and strategically advising on best outcomes.
Skills and Requirements:
- Significant industry experience in Rail Design within a consulting business environment.
- Success in effectively leading rail projects of varying sizes including the management of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Sound experience in building client relationships, including the ability to translate opportunities into a profitable workload.
With recognised relevant tertiary qualifications, you will be able to demonstrate your experience in design, project management and implementation in your field, within a consulting business environment.
You will possess demonstrated excellent attention to detail along with high-level verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, you will have proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership will be highly regarded.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, apply using the link below.
Date Posted: Sept. 30, 2016