Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Design Project Manager
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 creative minds.
Given the growing business, Arup is seeking a talented andmotivated Design Project Manager who wants to accelerate their career byjoining the Infrastructure team in NY and manage various rail, tunnel, highway,aviation or other infrastructure projects.
We arelooking for someone to provide management and coordination to the designprocess by overseeing and directing the design and consulting teams from thePrime Consultant position, while interfacing with the client
- Fostercreativity and innovation working with a multi-disciplinary team to meetproject goals and deliver high quality technical excellence
- Manage thedesign process of a multi-disciplinary design team where Arup is the Prime.
- Ensure thedesign compliance with Quality Management systems
- Ensure thatthe Design teams achieve co-ordination
- Understandthe Client’s goals and aspirations and maintain them as a reference pointthroughout the project
- Facilitatethe Client user groups and stakeholder meetings.
- Facilitateand track the resolution of design decisions.
- Support theProject Manager in establishing and monitoring the design scope, schedule andresource plan for the design team
- Coordinatecommunication and flow of information between design team members
- Coordinateactivities and deliverables between design team members
- Assessclient needs and identify relevant connections with Arup capabilities
- Haveexcellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Desirablyhave experience with construction contract document preparation and managementin a Design-build environment.
- BS in CivilEngineering discipline preferred, but similar degree in Architectural or otherbuilding disciplines will be considered.
- Experiencewith direct interfacing with clients as a prime consultant manager is key
- 5-10 yearsof experience in design of complex facilities (e.g. stations, highways,bridges, airports, etc); 3+ years design project management of these types offacilities is a plus
- PE – NewYork or New Jersey (or ability to get one within one year) or licensed/registered architect
- Demonstrableunderstanding of owner/client capital project drivers and priorities
- Basicunderstanding of construction project procurement approaches, and ability tounderstand project schedule and cost estimate documents is preferred
- Fluent withstandard MS Office applications; experience with MS Project or Primavera a plus
- Ability toplan, organize and manage design/consulting delivery teams
- Corporateclient-facing communications skills
- Excellentplanning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must beself-motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Sept. 26, 2016