Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression.
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer. This is a challenging role and the successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering large and complex building electrical systems designs.
• Work under nominal supervision taking responsibility for definable parts of the project
• Design and make calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
• Design electrical systems predominantly for building construction projects including power distribution systems, lighting, fire alarm and other signal systems
• Undertake electrical systems design, predominantly for building projects, including power systems, lighting, fire alarm and other signal systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural/Electrical engineering with a sound knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals as they relate to building systems
• PE license is a plus
• Knowledge of NFPA 70 and NFPA 72
• Knowledge of high voltage distribution within/around large buildings and sites, and an interest in sustainability and renewable energy technologies are required
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• May be required to visit job sites during construction so should be able to climb ladders etc.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Electrical Engineering
Date Posted: May 19, 2016