Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services worldwide. Through our work, we make a positive difference and help shape a better world.
Our employees are proud to work at Arup. This pride comes from the firm’s unique values, which stem from our special independent ownership structure. It comes from the opportunities they get to work with talented people and leading experts who are keen to share their knowledge. And it comes from working on some of the most exciting projects around, supported by unrivalled opportunities for learning.
Join Arup and you will have the freedom to push boundaries and the space to explore your career as you take responsibility for helping us shape a better world. We offer a highly competitive package of benefits, a package that is fair and flexible, including a fair salary, a share of Arup’s profits, double matching pension contribution, a range of learning opportunities, flexible working scheme, travel to work scheme, health insurance plans and subsidy, life assurance and income continuance protection.
Senior Engineer – Electrical
Due to on-going success in winning new and interesting projects in Ireland and abroad, we currently have a requirement for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our growing Building Engineering group in our Limerick office. We are a group of multi-disciplinary engineers who overcome highly complex challenges in the built environment with creativity, technical expertise, passion and with a commitment to designing with a social purpose.
The successful candidate will be involved in a diverse and challenging range of design projects including life sciences, data centres, commercial, industrial and retail commissions.
Candidates should be:-
• Degree qualified or equivalent in Electrical Services engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum of 8 years post-qualification experience, most of which will be in design gained within a consultancy environment.
• Chartered or close to achieving chartership.
• Experience in large-scale projects.
• Proven team player.
• Organised and adaptable with a flexible approach to work.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Good Report writing skills.
• Experience in design of low voltage and medium voltage power networks.
• Technically excellent with an in-depth knowledge of relevant electrical, fire alarm and emergency lighting standards and regulations.
• Strong lighting design skills.
• Competent in electrical design software such as Amtech and dialux.
• Revit experience would be an advantage.
• Willingness to travel on business trips to support projects.
• Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Responsibilities will include:
• Electrical Project Planning.
• Conceptual design studies and reports.
• Preparing detail design drawings, specifications and report for electrical systems.
• Designing and reviewing electrical design work of intermediate and junior engineers.
• Ensuring full co-ordination between specifications and drawings.
• Electrical Estimating.
• Cost Control in accordance with company standards.
• Surveying and Compiling project reports.
• Training and professional development of junior and intermediate engineers working as part of a group.
• Liaising with architects, clients and other stakeholders to set the constraints for the electrical design and co-ordinate with all other disciplines in terms of the electrical requirements and the electrical discipline’s influence on all others.
With our commitment to training and development, and our CPD accreditation from the Institution of Engineers of Ireland you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Category: Electrical Engineering
Date Posted: Aug. 23, 2016