Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit and determination enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable building, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our Los Angeles office is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with superior design and analysis skills, to plan and design electrical systems for buildings and facilities, including airports, light rail, hospitals, laboratories, high rise offices, courts, museums, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects.
• Design full electrical systems, including power, lighting, and lighting control systems
• Design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
• Prepare single line diagrams for the power distribution system
• Prepare load analysis for different stages of design
• Prepare drawings detailing the system designed
• Prepare basis of design report for the project
• Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
• Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
• Monitor quality of work, and interface with clients
• Manage project interdependencies, work area or technical skill set
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Architectural Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a sound knowledge of electrical fundamentals as they relate to building systems.
• 3 - 6 years of related experience
• Experience with 3D BIM / CAD software such AutoCAD MEP or Revit MEP
• PE license preferred - or ability to obtain license within a year
• LEED AP BD+C preferred
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Electrical Engineering
Date Posted: July 6, 2016