Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
The role's primary focus is to undertake Consulting services within Fire engineering and related areas including infrastructure projects.
Key tasks include:
· Provide detailed technical input cross a broad range of projects within the fire engineering business and related areas
· Ensure work quality is maintained at the expected technical standard, according to Arup’s Quality Management systems.
· Where appropriate, to liaise with other business groups within the region, providing particular expertise on fire engineering as appropriate.
· Effectively manage the time, quality and performance of projects.
· Prepare project reports for clients summarising key issues and strategically advising on best outcomes under supervision.
· Participate in the ongoing development and maintenance of quality systems within the Melbourne office
· Be fully aware of all legislative requirements and other regulations governing Occupational Health and Safety, and assist in ensuring these are adhered to within the office and on all projects.
Key Skills and Personal Attributes
· Degree in Engineering, specialising in Fire engineering or related areas.
· Working towards Chartership with the Institute of Engineers (Australia) – IE Aust, or chartership with equivalent associations in other countries
· Consulting and technical experience in Fire engineering and related areas.
· Ability to undertake project and technical analyses, and report on results under limited supervision.
· Experience in managing small projects, including effective participation in multi-disciplinary project teams where appropriate.
· Experience in the consulting engineering environment, including the ability to advise clients on cost-effective, sustainable solutions.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills (including formal and informal presentations, written communications and reports)
· Keen sense of maintaining high standards
· Keen understanding of “customer” needs (both internal and external), and the issues which may impact on maintaining effectiveness within a commercial environment
· Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients
· Ability to maintain personal effectiveness, team and client relationships, both under normal circumstances, and at times of significant pressure.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Category: Fire Engineering
Date Posted: Oct. 10, 2016