Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
We shape a better world
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work we make a positive difference in the world.
We currently have a requirement for a Senior Project/Associate Engineer – (Geotechnical) to join our growing Ground Engineering Group, currently comprising 40 technical staff in Ireland. Based in our Cork office, the role is manager of the Cork ground engineering team of 7 technical staff, as part of the integrated Ireland ground engineering management team. The candidate will manage the workload arising from projects in our Cork and Limerick offices, as well as projects throughout Ireland, continental Europe and globally. The candidate will have to make frequent visits to Dublin and Limerick, and spend time in other Arup offices outside Ireland on short visits as workload requires. The ideal candidate will be an established technical specialist in ground engineering design, with strong team management skills, looking to further their career and gain invaluable experience within an established multi-disciplinary consultancy. This is a permanent role and offers the successful candidate long-term opportunities for career development.
The successful candidate will be involved in a diverse and challenging range of projects.
• Master’s degree qualified, in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology,
• Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience in Ground Engineering,
• Experience in a wide range of projects in the highways, rail, buildings, water, maritime, energy and environmental sectors
• Strong capabilities in detailed design using geotechnical and related software packages, plus data management and presentation software such as Gint and GIS,
• Significant site supervision experience covering all modes of site investigation, and construction of civil and building works.
• Proven team leader with a proactive approach to team and project management
• Ability to deliver projects to high quality within strict deadlines
• Excellent communicator in verbal, written and presentation mediums
• Experience in Irish / UK market a distinct advantage
Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in the management of a 40 strong ground engineering group, leading the 7 member Cork Office team
• Design and checking of foundations, retaining structures, slopes, earthworks, ground treatment and temporary works
• Managing the cost-effective delivery of ground engineering services into multi-disciplinary projects
• Managing the cost-effective delivery of projects directly to external clients, including public and local authorities, contractors and the legal profession
• Preparation and checking of Geotechnical reports, specifications, EIS chapters and Expert Witness statements
• Developing external profile through roles in professional bodies, submission of technical papers/presentations, etc.
• Input into the strategic growth and development of Arup’s Ground Engineering Group in Ireland and beyond.
Date Posted: Oct. 24, 2016