please visit our International Site.
Graduate Acoustic Consultant Available in 2018
Start yourcareer at Arup, listed in Engineering News Record as one of the top “Best GreenDesign Firms”, “Top Global Design Firms”, and featured on Fortune Magazine's"Change The World" list of companies that are making the world abetter place.
Arup is anindependent engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 people in 42 countriesaround the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart ofmany of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, includingthe Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (akathe Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street TransitCenter in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, 2015 Pan Am Games stadiums inToronto, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
Duringyour career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling careerand work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists inthe world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significantprojects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence onthe community and the environment.
As a Graduate Acoustic Consultant, you will take partin the following kinds of activities:
• Crucialaspects of measuring, quantifying and analyzing sounds, noise and vibration
• Keyacoustical design software skills (3D CAD modeling, 3D acoustics models andacoustical analysis) directly applied to projects
• Learningto understand codes and standard
• Learningto review engineering and architectural drawings
•Attending meetings with clients and design teams
• How tointerpret and respond to design issues using listening and visualdemonstrations to clients
• BachelorDegree in Acoustics or Bachelor Degree in Music, Architecture, Physics,Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a Master’s Degree in Acoustics orclosely related subject
• 3.0 GPAor higher
• Skillsin planning and organizing
• Abilityto communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Attitudeof taking initiative, enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
•Fundamental of acoustics, fundamentals of vibration, engineering acoustics,noise control, digital signal processing, electroacoustics, human responses toacoustics and vibration
• CATT,EASE, Odeon, Matlab, ProTools, Audition, MaxMSP, Excel, Visual Basic, AutoCAD,3D modeling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
• Abackground/training in music practice, playing of a musical instrument can beuseful
• Evidenceof past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Provenability to perform in a deadline environment
• Pasthistory of technical presentations and technical writing
• Evidenceof personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Graduatesbecome an essential part of the delivery team. In addition, we would provideyou with excellent benefits, extensive training programs, and career mobilityoptions.
Arup isproud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: CHI000025
Category: Acoustic Consulting
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: March 8, 2018