Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Graduate Geotechnical Engineer
Bring Your Vision to Shape a Better World.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is an employee owned global engineering and consulting firm of over 12,000 creative minds. Our holistic approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking a geotechnical professional to interpret ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction.
Your responsibilities will involve:
• Geotechnical field investigations and construction observation
• Geotechnical design and calculations
• Seismic risk analyses
• Seismic response analyses & design criteria
• Seismic safety evaluation
• Finite element analyses
• Static & dynamic slope stability evaluation
• Soil structural interaction analyses
• Liquefaction potential evaluation
Qualified professionals will have:
• Master’s of Engineering in Geotechnical Engineering with emphasis on seismic analyses required, Ph.D. desirable
• Up to two years relevant experience
• Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals, soil and rock mechanics
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment, and must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Date Posted: Oct. 13, 2016