Shape a better world
Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Graduate Rail Engineer (Toronto & Montreal)
Graduate Engineer Positions available in Rail & Transit for 2017
Start your career at Arup, listed in Engineering News Record as one of the top “Best Green Design Firms”, “Top Global Design Firms”, and featured on Fortune Magazine's "Change The World" list of companies that are making the world a better place.
Arup is an independent engineering and consulting firm of 13,000 people in 92 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, 2015 Pan Am Games stadiums in Toronto, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
As a Graduate Rail Engineer, you will learn and utilize:
- MicroStation and AutoCAD software to lay out right-of-way, rail alignments, drainage systems, roadway design, sidewalks and pedestrian accommodation, utility systems, and grading designs
- Hydraulic modeling tools such as InfoWorks, Hydraflow and WaterCAD to plan, analyze and design stormwater systems and track drainage systems, and target other resiliency improvements
- Applicable codes such as AREMA, Agency Design Standards, NEC/NFPA, and related specifications and standards for design of the above elements
You will become familiar with the:
- Interdependence between skills in delivering sustainable outcomes
- Many phases of the planning, design and construction process
- Techniques associated with construction activities and construction phasing analysis
- Inter-disciplinary coordination with Structures, Architecture, M/E/P, Communications, Signaling, as well as other Operations and Maintenance concerns
- Techniques to develop Quality work
- Regulatory environment for gaining approval at different stages of project delivery
- Wide range of disciplines and skills within Arup
- Needs and concerns of our clients
- Big-picture awareness that permeates every skill area in Arup
- Format, style and quality of our reports, calculations, plans, drawing and specifications
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Demonstrated interest in Rail & Transit Infrastructure
- Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity with civil drafting software
- Technical writing
- Professional demeanor
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT/ FE Certification
- Proficiency with civil engineering design and analysis tools for rail, roads, and/or water systems
- Fluency in 3D CAD software
- Technical editing
- Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
- Proven ability to perform in a deadline driven environment
- Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
- Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Graduates become an essential part of the deliver team. In addition, we would provide you with excellent benefits, extensive training programs, and career mobility options.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: CAN000008
Date Posted: Sept. 7, 2016
Date Posted: Sept. 7, 2016
Send me jobs
Sign up to receive notification of new jobs and other company information.
Set up an RSS feed of content from this page.
Share this page with