Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Graduate Tunneling Engineer (Various US Locations)
Graduate TunnelingEngineering Positions available in 2017
Start your career at Arup, listed in Engineering News Record as one of the top“Best Green Design Firms”, “Top Global Design Firms”, and featured on FortuneMagazine's "Change The World" list of companies that are making theworld a better place.
Arup is an independent engineering and consulting firm of 13,000 people in 92countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at theheart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment,including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing NationalStadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include FultonStreet Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, 2015 Pan Am Gamesstadiums in Toronto, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfillingcareer and work with some of the most highly respected engineers andspecialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on excitingand significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive andlasting influence on the community and the environment.
We are seeking Graduate Tunneling Engineers. As a Graduate TunnelingEngineer, you will learn and apply the following:
• Interpret ground conditions and understand their impact on designand construction.
• Prepareand review drawings detailing the designs.
• Civiland geotechnical design and calculations.
• Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies or policies
• Data collection and analysis
• Use of specialist software packages
• Completing and documenting technical analyses
• Report writing
• Attending team, consultant and client meetings
• Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects.
• Bachelor’s degree and in Geotechnical Engineering or similar and asound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals, soil and rock mechanics.
• EIT/FE Desired
• Relevant intern and/or research experience
• Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to demonstrateattention to detail
• Good time-management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focuson long tasks
• Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork,creativity.
• Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or similar
• Membership in at least one relevant professional organization
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a paid work environment with intermittentsupervision
• Past history of presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field.
Graduates become an essential part of the delivery team. In addition, we wouldprovide you with excellent benefits, extensive training programs, and careermobility options.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Tunnel Design
Date Posted: Sept. 7, 2016