Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Graduate Urban Planner (Various US Locations)
Graduate Urban Planning Positions Available in 2017
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are seeking Graduate Urban Planners for 2017. As a Graduate Urban Planner, you will learn and apply the following:
• Assisting senior staff and gaining exposure on a variety of projects such as transportation infrastructure, urban and regional planning,bicycle and pedestrian planning, and traffic signal and system design
• Coordinating with multiple disciplines and working in conjunction with project managers to help complete assigned tasks
• Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
• Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
• Understanding trends and best practices in the urban planning industry
• Participating in local Professional Associations
• Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree in Transportation Planning or related field
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in the field of transportation engineering and planning preferred
• The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Urban Designer
Date Posted: Sept. 12, 2016