please visit our International Site.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are looking for a Healthcare Business Leader who will be responsible for developing and leading the Healthcare practice in the San Francisco Office. In this role, you will be a recognized player in the marketplace (win work / develop clients) and lead multi-disciplinary healthcare project teams to achieve technical and commercial success for Arup.
Arup has a very strong reputation in the Global and Western US Healthcare marketplace for designing innovative engineering solutions for large-scale, healthcare facilities. The firm continues to see healthcare as a growth area and is investing in assets to best position itself for near-term success. In this role, you will report to the SF Group Leader with dotted line to the Regional Healthcare Business Leader.
The Business Leader’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develops Healthcare market plans and strategy for the SF Bay Area
• Identifies and pursues business development opportunities. Ensures Arup has the proper visibility in the market/area of expertise
• Ensures Arup competes effectively through a thorough understanding of external market conditions (method of procurement, fees, scope of service, conditions, competitor benchmarks)
• Responsible for the overall design and/or management of large, complex, long-term healthcare related projects - coordinating many different people, facilities, and resources etc., within tight time and budget constraints. Predicts and plans for future resources
• Connects with clients, keeps them informed, seeks feedback, listens to complaints and praise, manages expectations and responds appropriately
• Listens to client to determine client satisfaction during the project and understand what is most important to them./what they really care about
• Manage technical and financial performance of healthcare project delivery teams as part of the overall office management team, including procuring and negotiating major contracts and leading our internal bid review process for all local office healthcare opportunities
• Recruitment, performance, development, morale and motivation of specified staff
• Identifies gaps and recommends enhancements related to healthcare specific staff, technology, processes, and services based on a broad view of the organization. Will work closely with local office inter-disciplinary technical leaders
• Interfaces and contributes to regional healthcare market/business activities as well as non-market specific San Francisco office market/business activities
About the Business Leader:
• Bachelor’s degree required with 15+ years’ experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals
• Significant Healthcare DESIGN industry experience
• Recognition as a player in the SF Bay Area healthcare marketplace
• Experience across the United States and internationally would be well regarded
• PE licensed
• Involvement in related industry group
• An energetic and inspirational leader, with exceptional people and project management skills
• A solid track record in management and business development, with exceptional relationship building skills
• A strategic and innovative thinker with high level strategic planning skills and a keen intellect to quickly understand the business and its potential
• Strong commercial acumen and financial skills required
• Exceptional communication, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: SAN00005X
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Date Posted: Aug. 29, 2016