Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Highway Engineering Lead
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking a Senior Highway Engineer to lead the efforts on the winning and delivering Texas highway related infrastructure projects from our Houston base. The Houston office has a transport team that is primarily focused on civil and structural engineering solutions for rail infrastructure, and the hired candidate will have the opportunity and responsibility to shape and grow the team with an additional focus on highways.
• Play a significant role in the leadership of the group
• Represent group at regional infrastructure team meetings
• Contribute to corporate business strategy and plan long term business focused solutions
• Responsible for company-wide projects/activities
• Can identify potential markets and procure work independently
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
• Incorporate sustainable design methods in the infrastructure design
• Responsible for financial performance, client relations and team leadership
• Lead and undertake highway engineering
• Report writing
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines
• Visit project sites during construction
• Manage work and development of other staff.
• Manage small, medium, and large projects.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Civil/ Transportation Engineering with a sound knowledge of highway engineering fundamentals
• Qualified professionals will have a minimum 15 years of experience with prior work done on infrastructure projects.
• 10 years’ experience bidding for highway related engineering commissions.
• Prior managerial experience is required.
• Prior experience working with and on Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) projects is required.
• State of Texas PE license is required
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Oct. 15, 2015