Shape a better world
Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Information Technology and Communications Intern (Various US Locations)
Information Technology and Communications Intern Positions available in 2017
Start your career at Arup, an independent engineering and consulting firm of 13,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, 2015 Pan Am Games stadiums in Toronto, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment
We are seeking Information Technology and Communication Interns for 2017. As an Information Technology and Communications Intern, you will take part in the following kinds of activities:
• Design of IT and communications infrastructure for the built environment including structured cabling systems, local area networks, wireless/radio systems, voice systems, security systems, public address and customer information systems, airport systems, transit systems
• Report writing
• Work on projects using AutoCAD
• Give structure to ideas – lots of “taking a first pass” at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction
• Attend meetings and learn from listening, asking question and discussion
• Work with people from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
• Be involved in discussions with other disciplines and Architects to gain knowledge & experience.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Computer Engineering
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Good communication skills are essential for team-based working
• Keen interest in pursuing a career in the field of IT and communications infrastructure and systems design.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Previous summer internship experience advantageous
• EIT/ FE Certification
• Master’s Degree
• Internship experience in a consulting firm
• Academic research or testing with relevant focus.
• Experience with: AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation, NavisWorks, Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, or Project
• Proven ability to perform in a deadline situation
• Past history of technical presentations and technical writing, knowledge sharing with peers
• Evidence of teamwork and leadership such as professional accomplishment or honor society
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: UNI00002F
Date Posted: Aug. 23, 2016
Date Posted: Aug. 23, 2016
Send me jobs
Sign up to receive notification of new jobs and other company information.
Set up an RSS feed of content from this page.
Share this page with