Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Information Technology & Communication Systems Consultant
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Our work shapes a better world. We are a global engineering and consulting firm of 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
The future of the industry is helping clients learn how to leverage data exchange to improve the human experience in the built environment. The Arup Chicago office is currently leading this effort in the Americas and is actively seeking candidates in San Francisco who are passionate about doing good work.
The position is a Information Technology and Communication Systems Consultant with a structured cabling and technology systems background. The candidate should be interested in working on world-class projects and being challenged. The work will focus primarily on structured cabling design initially, but can grow to being a smart building / smart city consultant with additional experience and knowledge.
The position’s responsibilities will involve:
• Consulting project work, designing and delivering structured cabling system designs
• Full project delivery, including narrative design briefs / programs; studies; sketches; decision matrices; 3D design and BIM model work; contract 2D drawing packages; Div 27 specifications; and CA work
• Willingness to travel on a somewhat frequent basis to deliver world-leading leading projects
Qualified applicants shall have the following:
• Willingness to work towards an RCDD certification
• Interest in multi-discipline work and growth
• Minimum of three years of experience in the industry doing structured cabling design
• Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, architects, engineers, contractors and other team members
• Familiar and experienced in working with Microsoft Office products, including Visio, Project, and One Note
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment. Must be a highly motivated, proactive self-starter who is willing to take on new challenges and learn on the fly
• Knowledge of BMS, lighting, and shade control systems a plus
• Experience in Revit MEP, AutoCAD, and BluBeam as well as delivering technology consulting projects in BIM a plus
• LEED AP BD+C certification a plus
Category: Information Technology
Date Posted: Nov. 23, 2015