Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Construction Monitoring Engineer
Arup is an independent engineering and consulting firm of 12,000 people in 43 countries around the world. We are excited to continue growing our presence in Latin America and have recently opened an office in Bogota, Colombia. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Projects in the Americas include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, USA, California High-Speed Rail, USA, the Las Vegas Observation Wheel, USA, and currently in Colombia, the Atrio Towers, Sarmiento Angulo Performing Arts Center, Barranquilla public spaces Master Plan, and 7 Lender Technical Advisor role for 4G highway projects.
We are currently seeking a Construction Monitoring Engineer who will support the Transaction Advice team in the construction stage of highways in Colombia.
• Assist in preparing, implementing and monitoring project work and project quality plans.
• Assist in monitoring the progress of the design and construction administration work relative to budget and schedule.
• Assist in the analysis, documentation and tracking of changes and potential claims; and in the preparation and documentation of negotiations.
• Coordinate with others on the Transaction Advice Team to monitor design requirements clarifications to ensure compliance with design intent and requirements (terms and conditions).
• Attendance on site and in contractor meetings and design team meetings. Liaison and recording keeping of meetings and actions.
• Report writing
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering; Master's degree in civil engineering, construction management, project management or equivalent preferred
• 5 years of demonstrable experience working on infrastructure related construction projects required
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and Primavera
• Must possess advanced level written, verbal, presentation and communication skills with colleagues and clients of all levels in English and Spanish.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Sept. 27, 2016