Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Marketing and Business Development Consultant
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
• Spearhead implementation of promotional and communication activities across office and business units to ensure achievements are communicated in a timely manner
• Plan, formulate and review marketing communications initiatives / projects, corporate literature and development of collaterals to raise Arup’s profile, capabilities, achievements, services, activities and people.
• Work closely with the Business Units to support their bidding activities through well-positioned key messages, presentations and other bid material
• Manage marketing resources to support the business needs and that showcase Arup’s value proposition
• Plan, manage and execute client-related and internal events that positions Arup and creates networking opportunities for the businesses.
• Acts as a centre of excellence for business team-led events
Media and PR
• Function as key person to build press/media relations
• Manage Arup’s corporate website content (Singapore) to keep it relevant and updated
• Craft and deliver internal communications to raise awareness on projects / people / marketing initiatives
• Write for, and coordinate, the creation of marketing collateral
• Review advertising and sponsorship opportunities
• Manage, collaboratively with other admin stakeholders, the growth and maintenance of Arup’s client database
• Assist business units to pull together marketing information for bid submissions
• Oversee and manage internal and external client events
• Review editorial opportunities, write press releases and coordinate distribution and media enquiries
• Write and collate company and project award submissions
• Attend all relevant internal Arup meetings i.e. business development, business unit and support unit meetings
• Hold staff induction presentations about Marketing & Communications and associated services
• Relevant tertiary-level qualifications in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations or similar level of experience
• At least 4 - 5 years of relevant experience in the field of marketing communications and business development
• Strong business acumen and experience in developing marketing-focused collateral for businesses
• Experience in managing people
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
• Strong experience, and excellent skills in writing and editing capability, particularly with respect to the interpretation of technical information for presentation and expansion to a wider audience (both internal and external clients)
• Demonstrated experience in, or sound understanding of, working within a corporate branding framework
• Demonstrated experience in quickly grasping concepts, providing creative solutions (within corporate communications guidelines) and developing them to match the business’ needs.
Key Personal Attributes
• Excellent interpersonal skills across all levels, both internally and externally to Arup
• Well-developed ability to formulate innovative solutions
• Keen sense of maintaining high standards, and a strong desire to motivate the same in others
• Keen understanding of business needs (both internal and external)
• Ability to maintain personal effectiveness, workload issues, and team and client relationships, both under normal circumstances, and at time of significant pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong ability to work autonomously and to drive the performance of the team in meeting expectations.
• Effective in managing conflict
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Date Posted: Oct. 3, 2016