Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Airport Master Planner
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
Arup is a leading international design firm with over 12,000 employees worldwide in 70+ offices. We are involved in the design of some of the most prestigious building and infrastructure projects locally and worldwide. Our Americas practice, established more than 25 years ago, now includes over 1100 employees in ten offices. We hire the best and brightest people and provide an opportunity for growth commensurate with your investment of skill, energy and desire to contribute and succeed.
We are seeking a senior-level airport master planner, experienced in the requirements of FAA AC 150/5070-6B “Airport Master Plans” to join our Aviation Planning group. You will contribute to the development of our US aviation planning practice by bringing direct experience managing the master planning process for U.S. airports.
• Identify and track possible U.S. airport master planning and related opportunities
• Business Development
• Cultivate an airport master planning business development strategy including meetings with potential clients and partner firms and attending/presenting at industry conferences
• Assess existing Arup staff to best match skills to opportunities
• Preparing bid proposals
• Researching DBE/MBE/WBE firms to join our team to provide needed services and to meet the required local component
• Client Service
• Project manage the preparation of master plans for U.S. airports according to the requirements of FAA AC 150/5070-6B “Airport Master Plans” and drawing upon existing Arup skills and experience. This will require proven and effective capabilities managing both (Arup) internal staff and sub-consultants.
• Performing other non-master planning services as required, for both U.S. and non-U.S. clients.
• Effectively managing the client relationship throughout the process
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field; Master’s degree preferred.
• Previous significant FAA master planning experience producing and project managing master plans at medium and large hub U.S. airports according to the requirements of FAA AC 150/5070-6B “Airport Master Plans”.
• Have an established professional network of U.S. airport staff and managers, along with relationships with relevant specialist firms who may serve as Arup sub-consultants.
• Substantial experience with stakeholder consultation.
• Experience managing and integrating airport simulation results for landside, terminals, and airside tools.
• Knowledge of CAD platforms, Excel, and graphics software packages.
• Commitment to accuracy
• Ability to function effectively both independently and working with a team allowing you to seek and develop opportunities for successful pursuits of FAA master planning initiatives for U.S. airports.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
• Strong communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be proactive, willing to take on new challenges and able to operate in a highly matrixed environment
• Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is an advantage
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Category: Transportation Planning
Date Posted: Sept. 17, 2015