please visit our International Site.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Arup’s Toronto office is currently seeking a Payroll Supervisor to support our Canadian offices payroll process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
• Manages the preparation, distribution and reporting process for Canadian payroll including full-time, part-time, hourly and salaried employees.
• Oversees the calculation of multi-Province wages, overtime and deductions in compliance with all applicable tax laws and legislations.
• Ensure all payments and government reports are remitted timely and accurately.
• Establishes policies and procedures for the payroll function.
• Prepares monthly reports for management.
• Partners with HR and Benefits in aligning and implementing changes and controls leading to best-practice operations.
• Process the bi-weekly, multi-province payroll for approx. 300 employees in Canada.
• Process the shadow payroll for Canada international assignees.
• Conduct a thorough and accurate review of payroll prior to transmitting to Ceridian Dayforce.
• Works closely with Human Resources to coordinate the receipt of information, clarify changes provide further details, reconcile discrepancies.
• Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and filings.
• Manages and completes the year end process including issuing of T4’s, Releve-1 and government reconciliations.
• Resolves all employee inquiries promptly.
• Review and reconcile staff loan balances.
• Conduct ad-hoc payroll related analysis as requested by Senior Management.
• For the annual financial statement audit, assist with audit inquiries.
• Review of payroll processes and procedures to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and following best practices.
• Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
• Liaise with the HRIS provider for system upgrades; new features; and system maintenance and/or problem resolution.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant seminars and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
• CPM preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience.
• Strong knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce payroll system.
• Comprehensive knowledge of payroll procedures and payroll related tax filings in Canada.
• Knowledge of US payroll and related tax filings an asset.
• Experience in system implementations and process improvements.
• Strong knowledge of payroll tax regulations.
• International payroll tax experience preferred.
• Advanced proficiency with Excel .
• Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
• Excellent Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Proven organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
• Self-directed and motivated.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: TOR0000C9
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date Posted: Feb. 12, 2018