Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
The Los Angeles office seeks a Plumbing Designer with a specialty in Plumbing BIM on Revit to enhance our M/P/FP capacity. The potential candidate should have 3-5 years’ experience in the BIM production of plumbing systems and the governing codes, and a solid knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plumbing Drafting (including Fire Protection) from markups and verbal direction from senior engineers.
• Design of basic plumbing systems including: domestic cold water piping, water treatment, domestic hot water systems, sanitary drainage and vent systems, storm drainage.
• Multidisciplinary coordination within BIM models in collaboration with other BIM designers and engineers.
• Sound knowledge in plumbing engineering fundamentals
• 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• One of the following credentials preferred: Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD), Green Plumbing Design (GPD), Certificate in Plumbing Design from UCLA extension•
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Date Posted: June 23, 2016