Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Arup’s Seattle office is currently seeking a Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer to design building plumbing and fire protection systems. You will work as an integrated member of multi-disciplinary design teams on a wide variety of project types. Our projects cover a wide range of project types and scales, from small mixed-use developments to high rise towers and central utility plant s.
• Design of building plumbing, hydronic, and fire protection systems
• Writing of project reports and specifications
• Coordinating work with clients and other consultants as well as in-house staff from other disciplines
• Engaging with contractors for pre-construction and construction support activity
• Documentation of systems design in Revit MEP
• Engineering analysis work, including load calculations and equipment sizing
• Design and analysis of sustainable water systems, including rainwater, grey water, and black water treatment systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
• 2-5 years of relevant engineering industry experience
• EIT/FE required, Washington PE preferred (depending on years of experience)
• Experience in sustainable building design - LEED GA or AP BD+C a plus
• BIM experience, Revit preferred
• Excellent communication skills essential for working with design teams and non-technical clients
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Public Health/Plumbing
Date Posted: Aug. 3, 2015