please visit our International Site.
At Arup we are dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the Beijing Bird’s Nest. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our 14,000-person strong team of designers, engineers, planners and consultants regularly come together to devise solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating. One that promotes self-discovery and allows people time and space to be creative. Arup’s culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically creative. We are searching for those rare individuals who are as smart and visionary as they are bold. If this sounds like you read on.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Administrator to work in our Seattle office. This position will supply administrative support to our project management teams and facilitates the coordination for multiple design and construction projects. It requires a highly detail-oriented individual with strong planning, prioritization, intuitive and administrative skills, a proactive and professional demeanor, with the ability to multi-task across a number of projects, manage upwards and work well in a diverse environment.
• Maintaining projects in accordance with Arup’s Americas Management Systems.
• Managing construction administration duties.
• Preparing reports, specifications, memos, letters, spreadsheets and presentations, and ensuring the highest quality editing and formatting are presented in accordance with Arup’s branding guidelines.
• Submitting correspondence, reports and documentation to Clients, and external contacts, on behalf of our Project Directors/Managers and team members.
• Document control.
• Attending project meetings, documenting meeting minutes and action items, confirming completion of action items, and communicating completion to the Project Manager and team members.
• Event and meeting coordination (booking conference rooms, equipment, sending invitations, catering, etc.).
• Assisting Project Directors/Managers and the Marketing Group on RFQ/RFP submissions.
• Updating Marketing/Business/Project intranet sites as requested, or assigned.
• Opportunity tracking and CRM management/reporting.
• Maintaining internal project and business team spaces on SharePoint platform.
• Project calendar management.
• Visa procurement.
• Facilitate the process for project equipment shipments between offices.
• Maintaining a clean, project-based, office environment with efficient electronic filing, archiving, scanning and shredding, and discarding unnecessary documents.
• New assignments, duties and responsibilities as directed, or assigned.
• Minimum 5 years of project administration experience in an engineering /architecture/construction environment is required.
• BA/BS degree in business, management, operations or equivalent combination of education and related experience is preferred.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat is required (candidates will be tested to determine skill level for these programs).
• Typing speed of 40 words per minute (candidates will be tested to determine skill level).
• Strong English grammar, spelling, punctuation, composition, drafting and proofreading skills.
• Must possess the ability to handle confidential assignments with tact and diplomacy.
• Must possess the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
• Exceptional written, oral communication and typing skills.
• Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and decision-making ability.
• Organizational & detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the business.
• Accustomed to an open office setting.
• Proactive, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently, or as a team member, while maintaining focus and productivity.
• Top applicants must be highly organized, with excellent time management skills.
• Bilingual in Spanish (written and spoken) is a plus
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 401k match of 10%, Paid Time Off (PTO) and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: SEA00002S
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: June 12, 2018