Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
- Understand the design process and the approach to formulate security requirements for the design of integrated electronic security systems like Video Surveillance, Access Control, Intruder Detection, etc.
- Understands the relevant local codes and regulations that can affect the design of electronic security systems
- Knowledge of IT networks that support the integrated electronic security systems
- Understand security concepts and the capability to turn the concepts into design
- Provide protective security engineering (electronic and protective) design
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders to confirm security requirements during design process. Provide detailed technical security inputs to advise best outcomes
- Prepare and deliver design documentation
- Coordinate design related issues with other disciplines
- Assist with the development of an efficient and commercially viable Security Consulting practice in the Singapore office of Arup
- Assist in the identification and development of new business opportunities
- Work cooperatively with other senior security personnel (in Australasia and overseas)
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with private sector clients, government agencies, professional firms and consultants relevant to the team’s activities
- Provide detailed technical input cross a broad range of projects within the security area
- Prepare project reports for clients summarising key issues and strategically advising on best outcomes
- Work collaboratively with the Resilience, Security & Risk leader, other members of the team, and other Arup teams across the Region in the delivery of successful projects/ assignments
- Participate in the preparation and delivery of detailed tender submissions and presentations
- Effectively manage time, quality and performance of projects with established quality, budget and project expectations
- Be fully aware of legislative requirements and other regulations governing Occupational Health and Safety, and assist in ensuring these are adhered to within the office and on all projects
- Participate in broader Office, Region, and Arup Group Global activities as assigned or appropriate
- Support the Arup strategic vision- “we shape a better world”
- Supporting the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirement.
- Degree in electrical or electronic engineering or technical trade qualificationor similar area
- Relevant 2 -3 years of industry experience in protective security (electronic and physical) engineering within a consulting business environment or design experience with a security contractor/integrator. Those with 2 – 3 years of experience as an electrical engineer for engineering consultant will also be considered.
- Understanding of latest electronic security technologies
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership
- Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines – and Arup’s related procedures including OH&S.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments
- Effective written communication and report writing skills
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher than normal workload
- An ability to think strategically and formulate innovative plans and solutions for clients
- Keen understanding of “customer” needs (both internal and external), and a strong ability to effectively manage the issues which may impact on maintaining effectiveness within a commercial environment
- Good commercial acumen
- Ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significant pressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines
- Desire to excel.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Category: Security System
Date Posted: Sept. 27, 2016