Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Civil and Structural Engineer
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
We are seeking for a Senior Civil & Structural Engineer in order to provide more senior supports to the C&S Leaders as well as the younger engineers on existing projects and future projects in the pipeline.
• Undertake strategic planning projects, including feasibility analysis, impact assessments, modelling, and developing high-value strategies for clients across public and private sectors
• Provide detailed design work across a broad range of projects within Civil engineering, transport, planning and related areas
• Lead the technical / design input on such projects, ensuring work quality is maintained at the expected standard
• Project management, relationship management and related business development activities with new and existing clients
• Review, supervision, and development of technical skills within the team
• Provide input into the on-going skill development within the Transport and Resources group through such activities as the mentoring of less-experienced staff members; researching/developing novel technical/design applications and/or procedures; and playing a key support role to senior staff members in all formal and informal training-related activities.
• Assist in the preparation and delivery of detailed tender submissions and presentations.
• Prepare project reports for clients summarising key issues and strategically advising on best outcomes.
• To liaise with other groups and people within the region and globally to gather and share technical input.
• Effectively manage the time, quality and performance of projects.
• Extend relationships with existing key clients to enable an expansion of business opportunities for the team, and (where appropriate) other groups within the geography.
• Assist in the on-going development and maintenance of quality systems within the Singapore office.
• Be fully aware of all legislative requirements and other regulations governing Occupational Health and Safety, and assist in ensuring these are adhered to within the office and on all projects.
• Participate in broader Office, Geography, Regional and/or Arup Group wide activities as assigned or appropriate.
• Support and actively implement the Arup vision and strategy statement, as measured through the key areas identified in the Australian Region’s Balanced Scorecard and the groups Scorecard.
• Supporting the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirement.
• Relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in civil and structural work
• Familiar with Singapore Codes and Practices, contract administration and submission procedures;
• Substantial knowledge in consulting and technical experience in infrastructure, development and related areas
• Ability to independently undertake project and technical analyses, and report on results
• Experience in managing key projects, including the supervision of multi-disciplinary project teams where appropriate.
• Experience in the effective technical supervision and development of less-experience team members.
• Substantial experience in the consulting engineering environment, including the ability to advise clients on cost-effective, sustainable solutions.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills (including formal and informal presentations, written communications and reports)
• Keen sense of maintaining high standards
• Keen understanding of “customer” needs (both internal and external), and the issues which may impact on maintaining effectiveness within a commercial environment
• Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients
• Ability to maintain personal effectiveness, team and client relationships, both under normal circumstances, and at times of significant pressure
• Ability to maintain motivation and manage the output of project team members, including the ability to be proactive, but tactful, in ensuring others within the team meet deadlines and other expectations
• Able to effectively manage workload even when demands are significant.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Sept. 27, 2016