Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Civil Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our San Francisco office is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to play a lead role on a variety of exciting site development, roadway and civil infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be a talented engineer who will be responsible for the design and production of site plans and construction documents.
You’re a candidate we’ll love if:
• You are a resourceful and creative problem solver, with land development and/or transportation project experience.
• You demonstrate an understanding of the interactions with associated disciplines including geotechnical engineering, transportation planning, urban planning, environmental engineering, cost engineering and landscape architecture.
• You’re good with people – able to build consensus among clients and teammates, alike.
• You’re an excellent communicator with superior verbal, written, listening and graphical skills – you are great at simplifying complex ideas and relating them in a way that people understand.
• You have the planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
• You have a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals and a strong attention to detail.
• You enjoy being a self-starter and researching new technologies and processes.
• You are passionate about design, highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
• You have fun and enjoy what you do.
You’ll love this position if:
• You want the freedom to push boundaries and the space to explore your career as you take responsibility for helping us shape a better world. Arup still follows the business principles our founder, Ove Arup, set out in his Key Speech.
• You thrive in a truly multi-disciplinary environment – we have over 40 disciplines in our San Francisco office alone.
• You enjoy working directly with clients and the project team for projects throughout California, the Americas and beyond.
• You desire to have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering – a Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is preferred.
• Your PE license.
• 6+ years of experience on land development and/or transportation projects.
• Strong roadway and/or rail design experience. Caltrans experience preferred.
• Excellent Civil 3D and/or Microstation design software skills preferred.
• Project management experience including commercial / financial awareness.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Aug. 4, 2016