Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Civil Technician
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
As a world leader in its field, Arupoffers the full spectrum of civil engineering consulting services. As part of the Civil Design team, this rolecovers a broad range of skills relating to civil design infrastructure. In particular, the focus of the SeniorTechnician is to undertake drafting, design andconsulting services within Civil Infrastructure and related areas in order toenhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise.
- You will workwithout supervision, referring up as necessary. In achieving this you will be responsible for meeting deadlines,monitoring budgets and controlling expenditure to meet financial targets inyour own area;
- You will representArup at internal and external events and you may be responsible for designingand delivering events, activities and projects which impact the business;
- You may beresponsible for the performance and development of others through providingguidance, training, direction and feedback.
- You will provideconcept design and technical consultation in areas such as road design,pavement design, stormwater design, water and sewer reticulation, sitedevelopment, water and associated environmental investigation and processes.
- Ensure that theDesign Quality procedures are applied and design products comply with therequirements of the Drafting Manual.
- Mentor and counselJunior drafting staff to enhance their professional development while on theproject.
- You will use acombination of standard and modified Drafting methods/techniques in order tosolve problems including the use of Computer Aided Drawing (CAD).
- Recognisedrelevant tertiary qualifications in Civil or Drafting;
- Relevant industryexperience in Civil Drafting / Design with an emphasis on designing roads,drainage, water, sewer and WSUD elements within a consulting businessenvironment;
- Experience in theoperation of software design tools including 12D, Microstation or AutoCAD. In addition experience using hydraulicmodelling packages would be an advantage.
- Membership of relevantprofessional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credittowards eligibility for membership;
- Proven workingknowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, andguidelines – and Arup’s related procedures including OH&S
- Ability tocommunicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technicalenvironments;
- Effective writtencommunication and report writing skills;
- Ability tomaintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher thannormal workload;
- Ability to remainpositively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significant pressure,including assisting others to meet deadlines;
- Desire to excel.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Aug. 17, 2016