Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Cost Consultant/Senior Quantity Surveyor
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our San Francisco Office is currently seeking a Senior Cost Consultant/ Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Cost Consulting team.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of cost, schedule and risk consultants and developing cost consulting offering for internal and external clients.
- Complete responsibility for fostering creation of and reporting of cost and schedule estimate deliverables to internal and/or external clients.
- Communicating with external vendors extensively to satisfy all cost consulting needs.
- Compliance to Arup standard estimate formats for data collection and digestion into Arup systems.
- Addressing, counseling and advising on best approaches, level of detail, Work Breakdown Structure, database application, etc. of particular deliverables.
- Suggesting formats for deliverables that most effectively satisfy the output required by the internal and/or external clients.
- Checking and assurance of all estimates within the Arup Quality management System.
- Reporting and presenting estimates to high level management and clients.
- Developing client relationships.
The Qualified Professional will have:
- A Construction Management or related Engineering degree.
- Qualified professionals with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience across a variety of project types e.g. rail, bridges, buildings etc. preferred.
- Certification from AACE International, ASPE or RICS beneficial.
- Ability to mentor and supervise all lower level staff.
- Mastery of estimating systems
- Capability of producing any order of magnitude estimate from, conceptual through detailed.
- Deep understanding of cost based risk analysis.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite and experience with estimating software, such as Timberline or HCSS.
- Top applicants will possess excellent written, verbal, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Must be motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Cost and Quantity Surveying
Date Posted: Aug. 22, 2016