Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Electrical Engineer
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to take a senior role in the Washington DC office, the candidate is expected to be part of the office leadership, managing the electrical discipline on large complex and sustainable projects. A candidate with a track record and extensive experience in government and private projects, or high-performance green building design will be considered most favorably.
Depending on level of seniority, responsibilities shall include several of the following:
• Expected to be able to procure work and win repeat business.
• Contributes to the development and implementation of the electrical engineering practice within a multidisciplinary building practice.
• Responsible and accountable for client relations (internal and/or external)
• Assists with predicting and planning future resources
• Promotes learning from successes and problems within the group and across the firm
• Negotiates contracts with customers/clients and/or suppliers/contractors
• Sets and meets agreed budgets.
• Accountable for meeting agreed deadlines.
• Lead design of projects and apply current sustainability practices including grid integration of photo voltaic systems, wind turbine, fuel cell generation, cogen plants, carbon footprint and intensity reduction
• Leads the overall design and management of large, complex, long-term projects (technical or business) – coordinating many different people/facilities/resources etc within tight time and budget constraints
• Able to represent Arup in the industry, e.g. government think tanks, national policy and conferences
• Executes responsibilities as outlined in the firm’s Quality Management System
• Responsible for development, morale and motivation of specified staff.
• Accountable for financial performance (e.g. healthy profit/cash flow) in several specified areas
• Develops energy audit protocols.
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in the built environment
• Sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
• Professional Engineer Licens e in Washington DC, Maryland, and/or Virginia
• LEED AP
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Electrical Engineering
Date Posted: June 16, 2016