Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Facade Engineer/Consultant
Bring your vision to shape a better world!
Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our client’s needs. Our innovative spirit enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways – developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings.
Our New York office is seeking a Senior Facade Engineer/Consultant who will collaborate with architects and other building professionals to design and deliver exciting, world class buildings.
• Participate and actively contribute to design workshops, where cladding solutions are explored and determined. Workshops will be with architects and fellow professionals and with the cladding industry.
• Sketch details to develop ideas and to explain concepts.
• Produce drawings, specifications and reports, and coordinating the work of others.
• Commenting on cladding industry submittals.
• Witnessing testing and preparing associated technical reports.
• Carrying out factory visits, site inspections and preparing associated technical reports.
• Supervising and coordinating the work of other team members and coordinating work with building professionals of other disciplines.
• Communicating with clients to establish their needs, and maintaining a dialogue throughout the project.
• Managing project teams to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget.
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
• In-depth technical and design skills related to building envelope design and detailing.
• Experience with a variety of systems and materials.
• Experience with 3D computer modeling and analysis packages.
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
• Professional degree plus licensure in architecture or engineering.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• US (East Coast) cladding industry experience preferred.
• Ability to understand the balance of priorities on differing projects.
• Ability to develop and maintain successful client relationships.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Planning and organizational skills.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Façade Engineer
Date Posted: Nov. 11, 2016