Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Facade Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our San Francisco office is seeking an experienced Facade Engineer who will collaborate with architects and other building professionals to design and deliver exciting, world class buildings. The Senior Façade Engineer role shall include:
• Participate and actively contribute to design workshops, where cladding solutions are explored and determined. Workshops will be with architects and fellow professionals and with the cladding industry.
• Free hand sketching skills are often useful in developing ideas and explaining concepts. Such sketches are often included in our tender information packages.
• Producing specifications and reports, and coordinating the work of others.
• Commenting on cladding industry submittals.
• Witnessing testing and preparing associated technical reports.
• Carrying out factory visits, site inspections and preparing associated technical reports.
• Supervising and coordinating the work of other team members and coordinating work with building professionals of other disciplines.
• Communicating with clients to establish their needs, and maintaining a dialogue throughout the project.
• Managing project teams to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget.
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
• Design skills associated cladding and envelope detailing.
• Experience of 3d computer modeling packages/2-D CAD is desired, but not essential.
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering, Masters strongly preferred
• A minimum of 6 - 7 years of relevant experience.
• US Cladding industry experience is desirable, but not essential.
• Able to understand the balance of priorities on differing projects.
• Able to quickly develop successful client relationships.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Planning and organizational skills.
• Be commercially aware.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Façade Engineer
Date Posted: Aug. 4, 2016