Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior GIS/Digital Lead
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 13,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Due to the growth of our business and an expanded portfolio of projects, an exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Senior GIS Specialist to join our team.
As part of the Transport and Resources team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to GIS Services. The primary focus of this role will to provide GIS services, advice on a cross – disciplinary engineering, planning and environmental projects.
The Senior GIS Specialist will provide technical advice and services to team members across a variety of disciplines.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Source, collate and process data for large cross-disciplinary projects.
- Maintain and update data using GIS and database software
- Prepare high quality mapping products.
- Liaise with team members, clients and sub-contractors for data and mapping requirements.
Key Skills and Personal Attributes:
- 5 to 10 years experience as a GIS specialist.
- Excellent Knowledge of and ability in the use of ESRI products especially ArcGIS9x
- Knowledge of databases and database querying, especially Microsoft Access.
With recognised relevant tertiary qualifications, you will be able to demonstrate your experience in GIS, project management and implementation in your field, within a consulting business environment.
You will possess demonstrated excellent attention to detail along with high-level verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, you will have proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, apply using the link below.
Date Posted: Oct. 3, 2016