Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Highway Engineer Project Manager
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are seeking a Senior Highway Engineer/ Project Manager to lead an engineering team in our Los Angeles office. The successful candidate will have experience in leading design teams on major highway projects in the US or internationally.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Planning, executing and delivering the engineering for major highway projects.
• Proactively engaging with clients and contractors to prepare high quality, technically efficient and cost effective solutions
•Developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients and engineering partners.
• Where appropriate, working closely with other engineering partners in the delivery of the project requirements
• Ensuring the technical, commercial and soft skills development of staff
• Supporting the Los Angeles office in the development of our infrastructure business
• Ability to develop/negotiate T and Cs for contractual agreements
• Preparation of responses to RFQ/RFP documents
Qualified professionals will have:
• Bachelors/Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with a sound knowledge of highway engineering fundamentals
• PE License, California preferred
• 15+ years of relevant experience
• Demonstrable experience of successfully leading large multidisciplinary design teams
• Ability to coordinate a large team from several firms and offices
• Wide variety of experience of rail projects
• High level of self-motivation and ability to motivate others
• Ability to take initiative and make decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of a variety of construction procurement methods
• Sound understanding of commercial and financial issues
• Well developed industry networks among the potential client market
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Jan. 5, 2016