Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Information Technology and Communications Consultant
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Our work shapes a better world. We are a global engineering and consulting firm of 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
The future of the industry is helping clients learn how to leverage data exchange to improve the human experience in the built environment. The Arup Chicago office is currently leading this effort in the Americas and is actively seeking candidates in Los Angeles who are passionate about doing good work.
The position is a Senior Information Technology and Communication Systems Consultant with a structured cabling and technology systems background. The candidate should be interested in working on world-class projects and being challenged. The work will focus primarily on structured cabling design initially, but can grow to being a smart building / smart city consultant with additional experience and knowledge.
The position’s responsibilities will involve:
• Consulting project management, overseeing the client engagement and project delivery
• The design of IT and communication systems including: structured cabling systems which will support wired and wireless voice and data networks, healthcare systems, airport systems, CCTV, access control, intercom, audiovisual, building control systems and general applications of technology to the built environment. So the candidate will need to be familiar with the requirements of these different systems.
• Full project delivery, including narrative design briefs / programs; studies; sketches; decision matrices; 3D design and BIM model work; contract 2D drawing packages; Div 27 specifications; and CA work
• Smart building, unified collaboration, and smart city project delivery leveraging Arup’s existing workflow and tools
• Willingness to travel to deliver world-leading leading projects
Qualified applicants shall have the following:
• RCDD Certification
• LEED AP BD+C a plus
• Familiarity with the IP requirements of building systems
• Active IP network design experience and certification a plus
• WLAN design and heat-mapping experience
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in the industry (related engineering disciplines such as Electrical Engineering considered)
• Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, architects, engineers, contractors and other team members
• Familiar and experienced in working with Microsoft Office products, including Visio, Project, and One Note
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment. Must be a highly motivated, proactive self-starter who is willing to take on new challenges and learn on the fly
• Knowledge of BMS, lighting, and AV control systems
• Experience in Revit MEP, AutoCAD, and BluBeam as well as delivering structured cabling packages in BIM
Date Posted: June 5, 2016