Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior IT & Communications Systems Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking a Senior IT & Communication Systems Engineer to work as part of a multidisciplinary team engaged in the design of IT and Communication systems for buildings and infrastructure projects.
• Lead the successful technical and commercial delivery of projects
• Design of IT and communication systems including: structured cabling, wired and wireless voice and data networks, healthcare systems, airport systems, CCTV, Access Control and general applications of technology to the built environment. Work closely with inter-disciplinary technical leaders and ITC leaders from other Arup offices
• Preparation of drawings detailing the systems designed.
• System design calculations.
• Writing of reports, specifications
• Post contract services including in some cases commissioning;
• Systems integration consultancy
• Day to day financial management of projects
• Manage RFP and interview process and work with the leadership team to prepare proposals
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10-12 years of relevant experience in the industry
• A sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals as they relate to building systems and site servicing.
• Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, Architects, Engineers, Contractors and other team members
• Familiar and experienced in working with Microsoft Office products, AutoCad, and Revit
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment, and must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Experience across a range of project types: high rise commercial, healthcare, post-secondary education, convention centers, airports, etc.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Date Posted: Aug. 10, 2015